Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Movember Reign - The End

Well, 1 December has arrived and so it’s now time for me to hang up my mo’. It’s been a momentus trip this last month. It’s been intriguing. It’s been emotional.

Alas, not a lot has happened since my last update except for some additional growth. As I posted last time, most of the ‘action’ occurs in the first two weeks as a design is chosen and sculptured and you then live through the shame and indignity of having not much to show for your efforts. Come the end of Week 2 though its really starting to take shape and then its just the occasional shave and trim to keep it in check.

There was a period of itchiness around the Day 18-22 mark as I expected, but it wasn’t that bad really in comparison to last time. So perhaps age or fatherhood does something to the hairs other than just going gray. Maybe it’s a sign of wisdom and enlightenment? Yeah, must be that.

On the home front, the wife hasn’t been totally against the mo’ but not exactly enthused either. There have been a few rolled eyes from time to time and questions as to when it’ll be over so I’m sure she’s looking forward to it coming off (the mo I mean). Little concerned though that my son won’t recognise me when it is removed so I’m preparing myself for a day or two of rejection there. “Hey buddy, remember me? Daddy?”

So yes, not a massive amount to report today as part of my final update. Except to say I’ve certainly had fun and I’m sure everyone whose witnessed my mo’ has had as much fun as well. I will unveil the following photos though after some technical issues last time. Because as the saying goes, a picture tells a thousand words.

Day 15:




Day 30:




Sponsorship-wise, it is still possible to make a donation via this website. And as of 6pm tonight, 1 December 2010, my tally stands at $320 so a big thank you to all those who have donated and given me the No. 1 spot amongst the Mark Spitz Appreciation Society. Your support for mens health issues in particular is greatly appreciated and hopefully it can contribute in some small way to the research and education of depression and prostate cancer amongst men.

Anyway, in a final Movember announcement, myself and a few mo bros will be taking part in the Mark Spitz Invitational swim meet on Saturday to bring the month to an appropriate end. As a result, the mo’ will remain until then so if you’re lucky, you may get one final glimpse of my mo’nificent mo before Saturday afternoon.

But you’d have to be pretty lucky I reckon. Like lotto-lucky.

EDM.

No comments:

Post a Comment