Thursday, January 6, 2011

Some Of Life's Pleasures

(off the top of my head anyway)


Strong flat whites
First sip of beer after mowing the lawn (plenty of practice at this at the moment)
My son’s giggles while we wrestle on our bed
My wife’s wry smiles at another of my inane jokes (must be something about fatherhood)
Ham off the bone (very timely)
Roast potatoes and gravy
Singing It’s A Grand Old Flag after the siren of a Dees win
First Dirk Premium after finishing the Eyeline 1000
Diving under a just-broken wave (especially when hungover from too many Dirk Premiums)
Left-foot snap goal from the boundary (over Colesy’s head especially)
Hitting a crisp cut shot right out of the screws (that special noise)
The Godfather movies (an offer I can't refuse)
The Wire TV series
Radiohead’s music (Where I End And You Begin Live From The Basement current fav)
Long-haul driving by myself with the music turned up extra loud (some off-tune singing may also be involved)
Smell of rain from our front balcony as a storm rolls in
Bowling Phillo with a wicked googly in any backyard in the world
Pint of Guinness in any pub in Ireland
Hot dogs at Fenway Park, Boston
Watching the cricket and thinking “They should put a second slip in” and then seeing the next ball fly straight there
My son’s “aaahhh” after taking a sip of his water (like he’s on a beer ad)
Liam Jurrah taking another screamer
Our winter doona on a cold night
My wife’s mixed metaphors
Discovering your opening track for an upcoming Toggler CD
Tying a Windsor knot first go
Cold shower after a hot lunchtime run
My mum’s meatballs
Nailing a turn of phrase for your blog post that has been bugging you for ages

EDM.

No comments:

Post a Comment