Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ball Park Music

A short post today but meaningful nonetheless because it's a shout-out to a new(ish) Brisbane band called Ball Park Music.

Why am I doing a shoutout for them? Well, I have a personal connection in that Sam, their frontman, was/is the barista at my favourite coffee spot in the Brisbane CBD. I'm obviously up the coast at the moment but my daily small double shot flat white was an absolute must when I was back working and it was Joel, the owner, and Sam that fed my addiction.

And I say 'fed' because it was the kind of service whereby they knew my order by heart and a sly nod and a wink would let me know they were on to it before I'd even got to the front of the queue. So I highly recommend them for anyone searching for a brew on George Street. The Frisky Goat is the name. Shizza, that's two shout-outs now.

Back to BPM. Now I say a 'newish' Brissy band because they are already getting plenty of exposure after winning a Triple J Unearthed spot at the Gold Coast BigDayOut earlier in the year but also took out the Unearthed Artist Of The Year during the recent J Awards and were nominated for Album Of The Year.

So in my best Molly Meldrum voice, 'do yourselves a favour' and check out Ball Park Music's new album, Happiness and Surrounding Suburbs. Knowing some of you as well as I do, I reckon the Cover Art will be a hit at least.

Anyway, below is their current single, All I Want Is You, so happy listening and catch you all soon.

EDM.


1 comment:

  1. Just checked them out on itunes and loving their music. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete