Thursday, October 28, 2010

Don't Worry

Just a quick note to let you know this blog will not be all political ranting and raving after my last post about Johnny Howard and the Iraq War.

As I said in my intro piece, I plan on writing about whatever takes my fancy and that’ll encompass a wide variety of subject matters. Essentially the idea of writing on a regular basis stems from a journal I kept during my wife’s pregnancy which I enjoyed writing and have loved looking back on as a record of that time. So I certainly don’t intend to blog on just one topic and it might be something political one day but then something family or fatherhood related the next. Maybe even the odd movie review or little piece on a gig I attended. Or a whinge about the latest injustice delivered against my favourite footy team (that could be a regular post actually).

Anyway, just wanted to say that in case I’ve scared a few readers (all two of you) off a bit. Opening yourself up to a diverse range of topics isn’t recommended actually. All the “How to Blog” books say find a niche and stick to it. But that’s not my plan as its all about jotting down some musings based on whatever is going through my mind at the time. So kick back and enjoy the ride with me. Hopefully it won’t be too bumpy for either of us.

EDM.

No comments:

Post a Comment