Friday, October 22, 2010

Welcome to Nah Seriously

All right. First post on brand new blog.

Ahh, the pressure. Where to start? What do I have to say?

Hang on, isn’t that why I created this bloody blog (swearing at blog in first post probably isn’t a good sign)? Cause I had something to say. Cause I wanted to start some writing. Yes it was.

OK, here goes. It was a dark and stormy night…

No, no, no! The other stuff.

Oh yeah.

Welcome to Nah Seriously. My name is EveryDayMan (EDM) and I’m here to help (might need to work on my originality).

Yes, I’m an everyday kind of guy whose looking for a bit of a creative outlet and an opportunity to jot down some musings as I merely pass along this journey of life with my trusty companions (wife and son) armed with nothing but a questioning mind and a dodgy footballers knee.

As further background, I’m a mid 30s male with a middle class upbringing (no “we was sooo poor, we had to…”) located in Brisbane, Queensland in the Commonwealth of Australia. I work as a Public Servant delivering fearless and frank advice on behalf of THE PEOPLE.

I own my own home although I’m slowly paying the bank back in fortnightly instalments (about 25 years to go based on current calculations). And I’m pretty much interested in anything that is interesting – politics, sport, music to name a few subject areas – but baulk at others such as embroidery, Chinese opera and polka dancing.

So there you have it. That’s my intro piece. Hope all my fans (Hi Mum!) enjoy what’s to come. Or at least hate it enough to provide comments and tell me how wrong I am.

Because that’s the point people. A sharing of thoughts and opinions. Of experiences and occurrences. Of cash and monies once I work out how to make a living out of this.

Did I just say that?

Nah seriously, til the next time.

EDM.

No comments:

Post a Comment